Autism Classroom Creations

Autism Classroom Creations
Providing original lesson plans for those with Autism

Saturday, December 27, 2014

New Year's Goals ~ Making it work for your child with Autism (Autism, Asperger's, special needs, special education, autism classroom creations, asd, social stories, teachers pay teachers, lesson plans).

Happy Holidays! Wow, it has been almost a year since my last post! It has been unbelievably busy as I get ready to graduate from my Master's program in May and keep up with my family and classroom teaching. 

It has been a year of learning and growing. Pushing myself to complete a goal that took me twenty years to go back and complete. Getting my Master's has not been an easy task.  As we get ready for the New Year in 2015, I am reminded that we will all be doing some goal setting once again.

When you teach, you set your goals based on success and needs of your students.  When you are a parent, you set your goals to meet their needs for success as well. I have read many wonderful tidbits by parents of those with Autism and what some of those goals may be. Some I have read involve trying a new food...not necessarily liking it, but trying it.  Some parents hope to see their ten year old sleep through the night, walk into a room and not run out because of noise, sit at the table for a meal, or  simply be able to steer from "routine" once in awhile. All of us have goals, it is how we approach them and remembering that our goals may be out of the box of the norm and that is okay :).

I want to thank all of you for a very wonderful year on Teachers Pay Teachers, Teachers Notebook, and Autism Educators!!

My goals this year include adding more items to my stores to help promote success in the classroom for those with autism and those with intellectual disabilities. I love watching my students learn and sharing what works!

I have added an instagram for followers @ #autismclassroomcreations  where you can keep up with the latest materials. 

I have recently added a social story about greetings.  My high school students are working on personal space,  Sometimes they are excited to see new people or even those we see all the time. The idea of personal space or responding appropriately to a greeting comes up frequently. Those with autism can have a difficult time understanding social cues. Sometimes all of us can.  The story was written with the help of my students and we have worked on recognition of social cues during greetings. They loved the story and I know your students will too.

Check it out at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Saying-Hello-A-Social-Story-About-Greetings-ByJenna-Leopard-1615044


Thanks for looking and taking the time to check in to see what is new.  I have been working on some new items and cannot wait to post them.  My student's inspire me and hope you will be inspired too to challenge your students to be the best that they can be.  The year 2015 holds promise for everyone!
Happy New Year!

 
~Jenna
Thanks for this great banner background to © 2013 The 3AM Teacher http://the3amteacher.blogspot.com/
and
Royalty Free
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment