Autism Classroom Creations

Autism Classroom Creations
Providing original lesson plans for those with Autism

Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Day in the life of a teacher, mother, grad student, author, and one more thing and one more thing....

Welcome to my blog!
Sometimes, I take on too many activities. Sometimes, I am the one whose hand constantly goes up to volunteer and take on the projects no one else does.  But if you are teacher, mom, or parent of a child with autism, I think you would agree that we all do this at times because if we don't, who will?

Today, I am starting my newest venture.....blogging. Why?  Well, if you know me, you know I love to write and talk :) I am also blessed to have a job that I absolutely love. I am a teacher.  I teach children with intellectual disabilities and children on the autism spectrum.  No two days are the same and I wouldn't trade it for the world! I want to share my classroom creations and things I find along the way that parents have told me work in helping their child be successful.

While teaching, I am also in graduate school. 18 years after graduating, a wonderful marriage, and 3 great kids, I am back in school to complete a goal I started a long time ago.  I am going for my Master's of Science in Special Education with a concentration in Autism Spectrum Disorders - is there anything else :)
I graduated and started a career in NY working with children with Autism and I am now in the south raising my own children, happily married to my best friend, and teaching children with special needs who love to learn. So much has changed in the past 18 years when it comes to children and adults with autism that I am fortunate to be in this program to help keep up with the latest research.

I have recently started my own shops on several teacher sites to share my creations and lessons with other teachers. It is an awesome new way for teachers in this digital age to share their hard work and maybe add a few extra dollars to make up for furlough days and the never ending problem of underpaid teaching...but that is another blog for another day.

I would love for you to join me on my Facebook page for updates and new information at http://www.facebook.com/AutismClassroomCreations

If you would like to check out my lessons and newest social stories, please follow me at:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Jenna-Leopard ,  http://www.teachersnotebook.com/shop/Jkaitie
or  http://autismeducators.com/

Well, I have been hiding on the back porch for a little while now and I hear the sound of milk being spilled and children running through the kitchen screaming, "Get it before Mom comes in!" Time to put my mom hat back on :) Thanks for visiting! Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment